When we receive your console we will do a full analysis on your system and confirm the issue. The analysis procedure can take 2 working days.
We will get in touch with you after the analysis by your preferred method of contact that is stated during repair booking. When the repair procedure has been completed successfully we will ship the item within 24 hours. If for any reason your console is irreparable we can discuss alternatives or send you back your original console.
The service includes
- Motherboard reflow (RSX & CPU) chipsets
- Removal of low quality thermal compound
- Application of high quality Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound
- Replacement of old broken thermal pads with the new ones
- Finally a full service clean.
- Full testing once the console has been fixed.
Difference between Reflow & Reballing
Reflowing is a process where the failed chipsets are heated due to cold solder joints underneath the chip. Cold solder joints are caused by heat, flexing and poor design. Reheating the board and chip may cause the old solder to become weak so high quality flux solution is used to help it become stronger.
Reballing is a process where the defective chip is either
1. Repaired by placing leaded (Pb) based solder (stronger solder) on the chip and placing it back on the motherboard
2. Replacing the chip with a new / used chip (working), adding also lead (Pb) based solder and placing it back on the motherboard.
Why does this work 99.99% of the time? Because 99.99% of the time the very main problem is either bad chip or bad solder, hence replacing with a working chip and adding lead (Pb) based fixes the issue. So what is the 0.01% chance? this is where the pads on the board that hold the solder in place are bad. This is rare and if this happens it can not be repaired. The unit will need to be replaced.
When Reballing we use lead based solder to provide stronger connection and have extremely high success rate with the procedure.
You can recommend the product to your friends. Input their email below, we will send emails to them on your behalf.