There are quite a few names associated with XBOX360 motherboard failures.
The very common are
- RROD (Red Ring of Death)
- RLOD (Red Light of Death)
This is commonly associated with the GPU and CPU chipsets on your XBOX360 motherboard.
Why do you get RROD or RLOD?
There are many reasons associated with the RROD or ROLD, to name a few
- System dust is not cleaned up or a regular service is not performed
- System overheats simply because there is not enough airflow
- Loose solder joints underneath GPU chipset
- GPU chipset disconnection with the motherboard
There could be other factors heat; flexing and poor design (Sorry Microsoft)
This service covers a broad spectrum of repairs issues.
There are many primary and secondary error codes associated with the RROD repairs. The specific type of hardware failure can be determined by the error code displayed on the screen.
Please note, this is a XBOX360 (PHAT) reflow repair solution with issues related to the motherboard, RSX chipsets.
Game Console Repairs uses a high end Reflow Station in order to precisely apply the heat to the required components resulting in a very high success rate.
The service comprises of:-
- Motherboard reflow (GPU & CPU) chipsets
- Removal of low quality thermal compound
- Application of high quality Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound
- Replacement of old broken thermal pads with the new ones
- Finally a full service clean
- Fan upgrade is optional
Please note that this is a reflow repair solution where we heat up RSX and CPU units if problem is associated with the cold solder joints underneath the chip.
Difference between Reflow & Reballing (Please see Attached PDF)
If your XBOX360 (PHAT) shows any of the following symptoms then you may require this service:
- System shows 1,2,3 or 4 red circles when turned on
- Console locks up or freeze after a period of activity
- System displays jagged up or torn picture and then freezes Prevention Suggestions
- Ventilation openings are blocked
- Console is kept in a badly ventilated or confined space
Please see Attached PDF for detailed informaiton on Primary & Secondary Error Codes.